We pick you up in the morning and leave the red city of Marrakech for a journey that takes us through breath-taking countryside via the High Atlas Mountains and over the Tizi n’Tichka pass which at2260 metresof altitude is the highest drivable pass in North Africa. We will discover a remarkable region which is characterized by its magnificence and also by beauty of its various landscapes.
On our way to Ouarzazate, we will stop for a visit of the famous fortified city of Ait Benhaddou which became a UNESCO World Heritage site; it has been the backdrop for many films as Gladiator, Prince of Persia and many others.
We will enjoy a city tour of Ouarzazate whose name is the Berber word for “no noise.” We will also visit the impressive Taourirt and Tifoultoute Kasbahs which were the ancient residences of the Glaoui family, who were once the governors of Marrakech. Afterwards, we enjoy our lunch at local restaurant before returning to Marrakech in the evening.
Destination: Ait Ben Hadou Ouarzazate
Availability: every day
Pickup time: 7 :15 Am
Return time: 7 :30 Pm
Duration: 1 Day
Clothes: Comfortable clothing, hiking boots, a cap and sunscreen
• Discover a fantastic road, passing through the High Atlas via the pass Tichka located at 2260 m altitude.
• Discover many Kasbahs, and enjoy views of mountains, arid plains, lush oases, and the old villages.
• Visit of Kasbah Ait Ben Hadou, a fortified village recognized by the Unesco heritage.
• Explore the charm of Ouarzazate City.
• Guided tour to the cinema studios of ouarzazate.
• Visit to the Kasbah of Taourirt.
• Pick up and drop off to your hotel in Marrakech.
• Pickup & drop off to your accommodation in Marrakech
• Transportation in a modern and air-conditioned minibus, Driver speaking English.
• Lunch between 2 to 10 euros menu
• Entrance fees to monuments
• Optional Guide to Kasabh Ait benhadou
• Guided tour to The museum of cinema 3euros per person
• Optional activities