My Moroccan Travel, your Morocco Travel, based in Marrakech, offers a wide choice of culture, traditions and leisure according to your personal desires and your budget. We propose to tourists, individual or in the group, to discover the Moroccan cities and the most prestigious tourist sites of Morocco through excursions, visits of cities, Moroccan evenings, transfers, activities and a wide choice of hotels or flights. We also provide services for groups (companies, associations …) through the organization of events, seminars, show dinners, transfers or through the rental of the driver. Search, choose and book your trip with simplicity and confidence. With us, impeccable quality of service, transparency, excellent value for money.My name is Driss and I created My Moroccan Travel with my brother. We are a small independent tour company that is 100% local. We know Morocco. Our Morocco tours and excursions are available every day in Morocco. You can choose from us or we can customize an itinerary. We offer group or private tours, Best offers for students, Luxury Tours, Hestorical, Cultural, and all-inclusive tour packages, if the itineraries we do not match what you’re looking for, please feel free to contact us and we will prepare the trip to your needs and requirements.
Essential Tips for Morocco
Moroccans are famously hospitable and love showing their country. You’ll meet plenty of friendly people who will ease your path, but these tips will make your trip even easier. Do not underestimate the extremes of summer and winter – they can be brutal.
- A few words of basic Arabic will take you a long way. Try ‘s salaam alaykum (hello, literally’ peace be upon you ‘), ‘ afak (please – have a glottal stop before it, like the sound between vowels in. ‘Uh-oh’ If you’re talking to a woman it’s ‘afikum to a group, say ‘ afakum ) and shukran bezzef (thank you very much) for starters.
- Stay in a riad – a traditional Moroccan house built around an internal garden. Marrakesh, Fez and Essaouira are classic riads Check out Lonely Planet Hotels & Hostels for recommendations.
- Load up your pockets with small change. Tipping is an integral part of Moroccan life, and a few dirhams for service willingly rendered can make life easier. Tipping between 5% and 10% of a restaurant bill is appropriate. Also tip taxis, guides and small boys who will help you find your way out of the complex.
- Do not commit to false guide for the day. They’re illegal. Engage an official tourist guide through a tourist office instead.
- Make new friends wherever you go, discover Morocco, discover it yourself